Thursday 19 May 2016

Equipment

Here is the equipment I have used to capture audio on my films. I decided to bite the bullet and buy my own equipment, so I don't have to continuously borrow off some equipment

Tascam Dr-40

This recorder is an inexpensive tool valuable to all sound recorders. It has two XLR inputs, which lets you plug in an external microphone (which is the reason I bought it). It is powered by 2 AA batteries so it is very portable and lightweight for quick on the go recordings. Paired with an external microphone it is a viable option to use on film sets and in studios.



Audio Technica AT897 Line and Gradient Condenser Microphone

This microphone is an inexpensive way for new sound recorders to get into the business. Its lightweight durability and battery powered phantom power, combined with a recorder like the Tascam DR-40 this microphone is perfect for newcomers.


Audio Technica AT2020 USB Studio Microphone
 Way before I started this course, I had already purchased this microphone for the purpose of recording guitar and vocals for songs/ any voiceovers I wanted to do. This comes in handy for any ADR/sound effects that I miss out on that will need added in in the editing process

No comments:

Post a Comment